Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Humble Poppy (part4)

December last year (2013) we had decided on doing somethink different, too our humble poppy.

Our humble poppy

Somethink spiecal to mark the one hundred years, since the start of the First World War. . . 

My mum and I decided to add gold to them.... 

Some of the group of knitters, wasn't sure about if they were taking part nor was sure on adding gold!

So while they were deciding on shall they or shall they not!

A small group of us (me, my mum and three lady's) had already decided that we were doing them...

Once we got Christmas out the way.. The five of us started knitting... It was a slow start to say the lease.

Then about February time my mum and I decided to add gold 100 . Our only trouble was were or how to find them... In the end my Auntie in Canada went to her local craft store I think its Michaels ... She found these....



Us ladys were all doing great.  Then tragedy hit my family... Which most of you will know about by now.   But for those who does not know my Aunt that I have just wrote about died mid August.. Totally out of the blue!!

So as you can all guess for my mum and I, we totally stopped knitting... It wasn't till the start October when the two of us started again...

We are both still knitting to meet demands for poppies! The other lady's did their own design with adding gold...

This is my mums and I poppy....

I will keep you all posted on how we get on






No comments:

Post a Comment